The landmark NORTH Collection represents the culmination of years of research and development in the fields of audio, electronics, materials, and manufacturing processes. Its exciting new look is surpassed only by improvements in performance made possible by the passionate team of Simaudio engineers and technicians dedicated to delivering an uncompromised music listening experience.
The MOON 891 is the keystone of the North Collection, bringing together levels of performance, features, and construction never experienced before. This flagship MOON preamplifier crowns decades of research and development in the realisation of leading-edge technologies and techniques. It comprises a streaming DAC, a phono stage, and a graphic interface within the fresh-yet-familiar exterior of the North Collection.
Taking full advantage of the MiND2 streaming platform, the 891 retrieves the finest details from digital music files. Local libraries and Internet streaming services integrate seamlessly in the MiND Controller app for iOS and Android, with additional support for AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and TIDAL Connect in a Roon Ready solution. Its MDE3 digital engine exploits a dual-mono pair of top-of-the-line 32-bit converters with femto-second clocking to expose the full potential of all two-channel digital audio formats, including PCM, MQA, and DSD through a myriad of digital inputs.
The 891 incorporates a high-performance moving-magnet and moving-coil phono preamplifier, which may be configured in realtime owing to its stunning interface, a brilliant 5” colour graphic display. In addition to displaying the extensive setup menu, it showcases cover art and track information while streaming, as well as volume and input selection, and even reports on the status of other MOONLink devices. Operating the preamp, the BRM-1 delivers the same feel of controlling the refined 891 volume knob from virtually anywhere.
This exceptional device incorporates new technological innovations such as the MOON Damping Base— a mechanical system to suppress parasitic vibrations that cause microphonic noise —and the M-RAY2 volume control, featuring discrete resistors and improved components.
Marry the 891 preamplifier to the 861 power amplifier to reach the summit of the North Collection. This truly formidable modern music system delivers an expressive and nuanced audio presentation, backed by sound engineering principals and clever innovation, undeniable build quality, an industry-leading 10-year warranty, and a passion for music shared by the entire MOON team responsible for bringing these products to fruition.
- M-RAY2 volume control, featuring discrete resistors
- Reference grade MDE3 - MOON Digital Engine 3. With advanced FPGA control
- MOON MiND streaming. With Qobuz, AirPlay, Tidal, Deezer, Roon and ‘Connect’ options including Spotify
- BRM-1 Intelligent remote-control. Touch controls, visual feedback, and lavish refinement
- MOONLink. Network connection with other MOON products for full system control
- MOON Damping Base - a mechanical system to suppress parasitic vibrations that cause microphonic noise
- 5.0” Graphic Colour Display for music artwork display and menu driven setup
- Analogue input impedance: 22 kΩ
- Max gain (line level): 10 dB
- Phono Input Gain: 40 dB / 54 dB / 60 dB / 66 dB
- Phono Input Capacitance: 0 / 100 pF / 470 pF
- Phono Input Resistance: 10 Ω / 100 Ω / 1 kΩ / 47 kΩ
- Output impedance: 50 Ω
- Crosstalk: -125 dB
- Frequency response: 2Hz - 200kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Signal to Noise ratio (Analogue preamplifier): 125 dB
- Dynamic Range (Digital Input, Fixed Output): 125 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.0003 %
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.00006 %
- Power Consumption (Idle): 30 W
- Power Consumption (Full Power Standby): 27 W
- Power Consumption (Low Power Standby): 5.5 W
- Warranty: 10 years