The landmark NORTH Collection represents the culmination of years of research and development in the fields of audio, electronics, materials, and manufacturing processes. Its exciting new look is surpassed only by improvements in performance made possible by the passionate team of Simaudio engineers and technicians dedicated to delivering an uncompromised music listening experience.
The MOON 791 is much more than a preamp. It combines a high-end phono stage and streaming DAC in a state-of-the-art analog preamplifier. Its abundance of features is surpassed only by its exceptional build quality and sonic performance.
In addition to its arsenal of seven digital inputs (including HDMI ARC), three analog inputs, and two outputs (independently configured for variable or fixed volume), and its MDE2—a re-clocking FPGA and flagship DAC supporting resolutions up to 32/384 and DSD256—the 791 can host a USB drive, and features the Roon Ready MiND2 network player, supporting Bluetooth and AirPlay 2. Even the phono preamp supports moving-magnet and moving-coil cartridges, with real-time configuration via the menu system.
The latest update to the widely lauded M-VOL3 (3rd generation of the acclaimed MOON volume control) dials in improved electronic gain control with sublime precision, while the 4.3’’ colour display and BRM-1 remote control raise the 791 to a new level of refinement and enjoyment. Together with its natural partner, the 761 power amplifier, the 791 provides a versatile user experience with the audio performance to rival the best systems in the world.
- M-VOL3 for precision analogue volume control
- 4.3” Full colour OLED screen for music artwork display and menu driven setup
- Advanced MDE2 - MOON Digital Engine 2. With advanced FPGA control
- MOON MiND streaming. With Qobuz, AirPlay, Tidal, Deezer, Roon and ‘Connect’ options including Spotify
- BRM-1 Intelligent remote-control. Touch controls, visual feedback, and lavish refinement
- MOONLink. Network connection with other MOON products for full system control
- 4.3” Graphic Colour Display
- Analogue input impedance: 22 kΩ
- Max gain (line level): 10 dB
- Phono Input Gain: 40 dB / 54 dB / 60 dB / 66 dB
- Phono Input Capacitance: 0 / 100 pF / 470 pF
- Phono Input Resistance: 10 Ω / 100 Ω / 1 kΩ / 47 kΩ
- Output impedance: 50 Ω
- Crosstalk: -125 dB
- Frequency response: 2Hz - 200kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Signal to Noise ratio (Analogue preamplifier): 120 dB
- Dynamic Range (Digital Input, Fixed Output): 125 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.0004 %
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0003 %
- Power Consumption (Idle): 25 W
- Power Consumption (Full Power Standby): 22 W
- Power Consumption (Low Power Standby): 5 W
- Warranty: 10 years