The MOON 820S is the large and eagerly anticipated power supply that offers an upgrade path for certain Evolution series models. Making use of everything they know about power supply design with respect to circuit layout, filtration and regulation has gone into the 820S. Designed to elevate the performance of products that already perform stratospherically at their price points, the 820S was created through painstaking R&D, creative ingenuity and a passion for perfection.
Featuring state-of-the-art, custom-built dual toroidal transformers, choke filtering, and our own MOON Reference Regulation System (M-R2S) circuit, the 820S is capable of doing what was once thought of as virtually impossible: improving on the already superlative power supplies built into our products, by further reducing the noise floor while maintaining an even greater voltage stability. The astonishing sheer "blackness" of the musical background created by the addition of this power supply must be heard to be believed.
The 820S is equipped with two sets of outputs; It can upgrade the performance of any one, or any combination of two of the following MOON Evolution products simultaneously.
- Two custom proprietary toroidal transformers with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, for an improved power transfer and a lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics; one each for analog and digital power supplies.
- The analog and digital power supplies each have 2 special “pi-type” filters after the initial voltage rectification stage that reduce AC transmission noise, using 40,000uF of capacitance (4 x 10,000 uF) and dual choke inductance (2x 20mH).
- The analog and digital supplies each have 4 stages of our proprietary M-R2S circuit; A fully discrete voltage regulation circuit using a “precision reference” feeding an amplifier made up of numerous IC’s and transistors as opposed to a single voltage regulation chip. M-R2S outputs pure DC power that is exceptionally fast, very precise, has a virtually unmeasureable noise level, as well as absolute stable voltage.
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings and extremely low impedance characteristics yielding much shorter signal paths and drastically reduced noise levels.
- Type Solid State
- Power Supply Transformers 2 x 0.25kVA
- Power Supply Capacitance 80,000µF
- Power Consumption @ idle 25 watts
- AC Power Requirements 120V / 60Hz 220-240V / 50Hz
- Shipping weight 40 lbs / 18 kgs
- Dimensions (w x h x d) 18.75 x 4.1 x 16.81 in. (47.6 x 10.4 x 42.7 cm.)
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.