The landmark NORTH Collection represents the culmination of years of research and development in the fields of audio, electronics, materials, and manufacturing processes. Its exciting new look is surpassed only by improvements in performance made possible by the passionate team of Simaudio engineers and technicians dedicated to delivering an uncompromised music listening experience.
The MOON 761 has one job to perform, and it performs it with authority. This power amplifier effortlessly delivers delicate audio signals from a preamplifier to loudspeakers with absolute transparency and finesse. This extraordinary achievement in design and engineering fully embodies the ethos of the North Collection to anchor any hi-fi system.
The LED indicator at the front of the 761 subtly blends status notifications with the amplifier’s sophisticated MOON styling and exemplary manufacturing standards. Within its elegant chassis are the latest innovations in engineering, including MOONLink communication to function in harmony with other MOON products.
The 761 power supply houses two custom low-noise 700 VA transformers with 152000 uF of capacitance and superior-quality semiconductors, guaranteeing consistent performance. This dual-mono amplifier generates 200 W per channel into 8 ohms in stereo, doubles into 4 ohms, and features a switch to bridge the amps and drive 600 W into an 8-ohm load as a monoblock. The MDCA (MOON Distortion-Cancelling Amplifier) builds on the design philosophy to eschew global feedback with a new circuit that reduces distortion and noise to previously unattainable levels.
Without a doubt, the 761 is a power amplifier with the technical armoury and robust construction to stand the test of time.
- Advanced MDCA - MOON Distortion-Cancelling Amplifier
- Two custom low-noise 700 VA transformers with 152000 uF of capacitance and superior-quality semiconductors
- Dual-mono amplifier generates 200 W per channel into 8 ohms in stereo, doubles into 4 ohms. Bridged operation drives 600 W into an 8-ohm load as a monoblock
- Subtle LED indicator for refined feedback of amplifier status
- MOONLink. Network connection with other MOON products for full system control and firmware updates
- Output Power (Stereo 8 Ω): 200 W
- Output Power (Stereo 4 Ω): 400 W
- Output Power (Mono 8 Ω): 600 W
- Input Sensitivity: 1.1 V
- Input impedance: 47 kΩ
- Gain: 31 dB
- Frequency response: 2Hz - 100kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Crosstalk: -116 dB
- Signal to Noise ratio: 117 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (@ 1W): 0.002 %
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (@ 300W): 0.001 %
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002 %
- Damping Factor: 800
- Power Consumption (Idle): 55 W
- Power Consumption (Full Power Standby): 50 W
- Power Consumption (Low Power Standby): 1.25 W
- Warranty: 10 years