The landmark NORTH Collection represents the culmination of years of research and development in the fields of audio, electronics, materials, and manufacturing processes. Its exciting new look is surpassed only by improvements in performance made possible by the passionate team of Simaudio engineers and technicians dedicated to delivering an uncompromised music listening experience.
The MOON 861 is a power amplifier with the pedigree of the distinguished MOON 888 and the wholistic design philosophy of the North Collection. Its innovative technologies define the pinnacle of control and transparency, portraying the richest tonal character and deepest soundstage.
The ingenious new MDCA (MOON Distortion-Cancelling Amplifier) circuit resolves audio with the purest detail and pace. Its power supply boasts two 1,500 VA low-noise MOON transformers and 228,000 uF capacitance with unwaveringly stable thermal equilibrium. At the flip of a switch, the dual mono design outputs 300 watts per channel into 8-ohm stereo loads, doubling into 4 ohms, or 800 watts into 8 ohms as a bridged monoblock.
MOON engineers harnessed four decades of research and development to create the 861. Its overall style and impeccable construction draw on the uncompromising 888, while the iconic front panel sports a subtle LED indicator for refined feedback with MOONLink technology.
The North Collection comes to fruition with the 861
- Reference MDCA - MOON Distortion-Cancelling Amplifier
- Two 1,500 VA low-noise MOON transformers and 228,000 uF capacitance with unwaveringly stable thermal equilibrium
- Dual-mono amplifier generates 300 W per channel into 8 ohms in stereo, doubles into 4 ohms. Bridged operation drives 800 W into an 8-ohm load as a monoblock
- Subtle LED indicator for refined feedback of amplifier status
- MOONLink. Network connection with other MOON products for full system control and firmware updates
- Output Power (Stereo 8 Ω): 300 W
- Output Power (Stereo 4 Ω): 600 W
- Output Power (Mono 8 Ω): 800 W
- Input Sensitivity: 1.4 V
- Input impedance: 47 kΩ
- Gain: 31 dB
- Frequency response: 2Hz - 100kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Crosstalk: -119 dB
- Signal to Noise ratio: 119 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (@ 1W): 0.002 %
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (@ 300W): 0.001 %
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002 %
- Damping Factor: 900
- Power Consumption (Idle): 85 W
- Power Consumption (Full Power Standby): 75 W
- Power Consumption (Low Power Standby): 1.25 W
- Warranty: 10 years