The TA-2000 Neo undoubtedly performs and operates in a class of its own. Most notably due to the precision engineering and workmanship typical of Acoustic Signature. Its design combines an extraordinarily rigid and well-damped dual-layer carbon tube with high precision miniature ball bearings by SKF and internal copper wiring by MOGAMI. Along with its stainless steel pivot point axis design plus its Rega-SME type mounting base it can easily be utilised as an alternative tonearm for Rega-SME turntables.
- Tonearm Design: Dual-layer carbon armtube. Low resonance, rigid tube design. Available as 9″ and 12″ version. Excellent tracking results due to precision miniature ball bearings by SKF. Better rigidity and smooth operation due to stainless steel tonearm axis design
- Wiring: Internal Copper wiring by MOGAMI. Supplied with external Audioquest 5-pin copper phono cable (RCA)
- Counterweight: Counterweight made of brass
- Tonearm Settings: Adjustable VTA & Azimuth
- Mounting Type: Rega- and SME-type mounting versions
- Length: 252 mm (9" version) / 330.66 mm (12" version)
- Effective length: 237 mm (9" version) / 318.1 mm (12" version)
- Pivot to Spindle Distance: 222 mm (9" version) / 295.6 mm (12" version)
- Total weight: 546 g (9" version) / 560 g (12" version)
- Effective mass: 9.6 g (9" version) / 12.6 g (12" version)
- Cartridge balance range: 4 – 16 g
- Overhang: 15 mm (9" version) / 12.56 mm (12" version)
- Finishes: Black / Silver / 24 Carat Gold-plated
- Warranty: 5-year warranty (with registration)
- 5 years warranty applies to Acoustic Signature Tonearms manufactured after October 2020.
- Product must be registered with serial number and purchase information no later than one month after the date of purchase.
- The registration process is only available on the Acoustic Signature website.
REVIEW - AUDIO.DE
“With a weight of 545 grams the TA-2000 Neo from their own collection is a medium-heavy 9-inch tonearm that is also available in a 12-inch version.
A stiff, well dampened dual carbon pipe, combined with a zero-play ball bearing suspension makes it the ideal partner for the Typhoon Neo.
From the Typhoon Neo came the pure music. What sounds so trivial, is actually the very great art which only a few can master.”
Read the review: read article…