ATC is a specialist manufacturer of loudspeaker drive units and complete sound reproduction systems, including the relevant electronic equipment. Their principle in design and manufacture is to achieve levels of performance far in excess of the industry norm. This they do. Their passive and active range of speakers provide a superb level of detail for their price points and allow bring finesse to every system.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC’s drive units are legendary for their many design innovations. For example, all voice coils are edgewise wound ribbon, OFHC (oxygen free high conductivity), copper wire operating in a precision machined magnetic gap. The magnet assembly also has a hole through the pole allowing air to be vented from under the dust cap reducing air flow noise at low frequencies and at the same time increasing power handling and reliability. Coloration is minimized by ensuring that the diaphragm assembly and drive system are extremely well damped therefore eliminating unwanted resonances.
Built to give a lifetime of service and musical pleasure all ATC products carry a 6 year warranty.
The SCM150 PSLT towers are designed to offer exceptional performance and enjoyment to the home hi-fi enthusiast and music lover.
The speakers’ ability to reproduce music and speech with phenomenal accuracy, transparency and dynamics lies mainly in the SM75-150S soft dome midrange driver. However, recent modifications that include the new ATC SH25-76S tweeter and enhanced port profile have brought about further improvements to all performance parameters. The SCM150 has the Twin, full spec “SL” 12″/314mm bass drivers.
Like the HF, mid and bass drivers, all electronics are designed and manufactured in-house to create a no-compromise active system. In passive form, the SCM100PSLT provides broad and symmetrical dispersion, excellent amplitude and phase characteristics throughout the frequency range.
6 year warranty.
- Drivers: HF 25mm, Mid 75mm, LF 2 x 314mm
- Amplitude Linearity (±2dB): 60Hz-12kHz
- Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing): 32Hz, 20Khz
- Horizontal Dispersion: ±80°, Coherent
- Vertical Dispersion: ±10°, Coherent
- Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre): 118dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 380Hz, 3.5kHz
- Input Connector: Female XLR
- Input Sensitivity: 2V
- Input Impedance: Balanced > 10kΩ
- Amplifier Output: Bass 275+275W, Mid 200W, High 100W
- Filters: Even Order Critically Damped
- Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction plus thermal tweeter protection
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1586 x 398 x 535mm / 62.44 x 15.67 x 21.06″