ATC is a specialist manufacturer of loudspeaker drive units and complete sound reproduction systems, including the relevant electronic equipment. Their principle in design and manufacture is to achieve levels of performance far in excess of the industry norm. This they do. Their passive and active range of speakers provide a superb level of detail for their price points and allow bring finesse to every system.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC’s drive units are legendary for their many design innovations. For example, all voice coils are edgewise wound ribbon, OFHC (oxygen free high conductivity), copper wire operating in a precision machined magnetic gap. The magnet assembly also has a hole through the pole allowing air to be vented from under the dust cap reducing air flow noise at low frequencies and at the same time increasing power handling and reliability. Coloration is minimized by ensuring that the diaphragm assembly and drive system are extremely well damped therefore eliminating unwanted resonances.
Built to give a lifetime of service and musical pleasure all ATC products carry a 6 year warranty.
The SCM20PSLT Tower is ATC’s flagship 2-way floor-standing loudspeaker and is the ideal choice in modestly sized rooms, but where performance cannot be compromised.
Its sealed cabinet design ensures excellent timing, useful low frequency output below the cut-off and that the speakers can be placed relatively close to walls without excessive low frequency ‘boom’.
Both the mid-bass driver and tweeter are handmade by ATC. The bass driver is a 6”/150mm part with huge 3”/75mm voice coil and massive, long-gap (short-coil) motor assembly featuring ATC’s proprietary ‘SL’ motor technology. The tweeter is a 1”/25mm soft-dome part featuring a dual-suspension and very high energy 2.1 tesla motor. Together, they form the basis for an exceptional 2-way monitor loudspeaker capable of delivering outstanding resolution and musicality.
Driver integration within the passive model is handled 2nd order crossover featuring oversize air-core inductors which are would in-house by ATC. Capacitors are all high voltage polypropylene film types and the input features heavy duty binding posts in a bi-wire configuration.
The SCM20 cabinet is constructed to be heavy and inert, with bitumastic damping panels deployed at critical positions to minimise cabinet colouration. The cabinets are available in 10 different hand selected veneers; satin black/white painted finishes and also piano/white high gloss polyester.
6 year warranty.
- Drivers: LF ATC 6.5”/150mm Super Linear, HF ATC 1”/25mm Dual-Suspension ‘S-Spec’ Tweeter
- Amplitude linearity : 80Hz – 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Cut-off frequencies : 55Hz – 25kHz (-6dB freestanding)
- Dispersion : +/-80° coherent horizontal, +/-10° coherent vertical
- Maximum continuous SPL : 108dB (per pair @ 1m)
- Crossover frequency : 2.5kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 75 to 300 Watts
- Impedance : 8 Ohm (5.5 Ohm Min.)
- Connectors : 2 x Pairs Binding Posts/4mm Plugs – Bi-Wireable
- Accessories Inc. (per pair): 2 x fabric wrapped grills, 8 x M8 x 1.25mm stand spikes and nuts.
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 1023 x 239 x 355mm / 40.28 x 9.41 x 13.98″