The Innuos flagship music server, Statement has been designed to take Digital Audio to a new level of performance. A state-of-the-art source for the most discerning audiophiles.
- High End Standard PSU with 8 Independent Linear PSU rails
- Innovative Power Supply Architecture distributed between 2 enclosures
- 10mm CNC-machined aluminium chassis
- 8GB RAM with 4GB In-Memory Playback
- EMI-optimised motherboard exclusively designed for Innuos
- New Generation Quad-core Intel CPU
- Custom-designed Ethernet and USB Reclockers with 3ppb OCXO clocks
- Asymmetrical isolation feet
Optional Next-Gen Power Supply Upgrade now available
The STATEMENT Next-Gen Power Supply Upgrade is the result of Innuos ongoing Research and Development efforts in close collaboration with the long-term partner Dr. Sean Jacobs. The impressive improvement in sound quality is achieved by an innovative power supply design and significant component upgrades:
The Power section uses two custom-designed ARC6 AC/DC modules – each containing a new high-precision Active Rectifier board, a massive 10mH DC Choke and almost 4 times more capacitance provided by six Mundorf caps. The ARC6 modules are mounted on the new Adaptive Vibration Control (AVC) platform, a combination of Panzerholz wood with a specific density gel layer, which is highly effective at dampening high-frequency vibration coming from the chassis.
In the server section, the regulator modules include a dedicated CPU Booster module, providing up to 15A of current to the CPU for faster transients. All rails are further smoothed by new Audio Note KAISEI capacitors benefitting all the main components: Motherboard, USB Reclocker, Ethernet Clock module and SSD.
The results are crystal clear: Increased realism with even more detailed textures, expansive soundstage and improved dynamics.
Standard PSU with 8 Independent Linear Rails
Each critical component of the server receives its own dedicated power supply from one of the 8 independent power rails, further preventing component cross-contamination. Of particular note is the use of a dedicated power supply for each of the Ethernet and USB high-precision OCXO clocks, ensuring these clocks work at their best.
Innovative Power Supply Architecture
Partnering once again with Dr. Sean Jacobs, the power supply architecture was designed exclusively for the Statement. For both PSU versions power supply is distributed between two enclosures, with one enclosure containing the AC/DC conversion stage and the other containing the regulation stage together with the server components.
The advantage is clear: regulated “clean” power traverses a very short path, soldered point to point, with the least impedance and exposure to EMI. This is superior in efficiency compared to a traditional architecture where a separate power supply is used – regulated “clean” power needs to go through more obstacles of internal cabling, output connectors, cable, input connectors and more internal cable before it reaches its destination.
The motherboard has been fully EMI-optimised to our own exclusive design by, removing any unnecessary, noise-generating components capable of compromising audio. A fully-customised BIOS ensures the hardware works at its lowest noise without impairing performance. Further EMI treatment is then applied to the motherboard so that EMI is absorbed rather than reflected to other components.
Custom-designed Ethernet and USB Re-clocker
Not fully satisfied with existing USB and Ethernet re-clocking designs, Innuos designed in-house their own boards for this purpose.
At the heart of the design are 3 principles: The use of very high-precision OCXO clocks for timing the signals, extreme care in powering important components preventing cross-contamination, and extremely short paths between components.
While the use of OCXO clocks is not new, the way they are powered and the layout of the board has proven to be extremely important for their performance. As an example, dozens of USB controllers were analysed in terms of how they were powered and clocked so that they allowed this control to be done externally. The USB Controller is regulated by no less than 3 ultra-low noise regulators, one per independent voltage.
Keeping the clock very close to the controllers, via a dedicated track on the board itself, helps to avoid the losses in signal quality that come with the use of external clock units.
10mm CNC-machined Aluminium Chassis
Housed in a casing of 10mm-thick CNC-machined aluminium, the Statement is not just a pretty face. The thick metal enclosure helps to isolate external EMI, and its weight helps dampen harmful vibration into the system. By using a double-enclosure design, it also helps to contain the vibration effects of the massive 540VA toroidal transformer at its heart.
MQA Core Decoding
STATEMENT supports MQA Core Software Decoding, which means you can playback MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. MQA Core software decoding is provided free of charge and enables streaming and playback of MQA files up to 24bit/96 kHz for non-MQA DACs and up to 24bit/384 kHz for MQA Renderer/Decoder DACs. STATEMENT can also passthrough MQA files to MQA Full Decoder DACs.
InnuOS Operating System 2.3 or higher is required for MQA Core Decoding.
Digital Audio outputs: :
- Re-clocked USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2
- DoP, Native DSD and MQA
- Re-clocked dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 2x USB 2.0 (1x re-clocked, 1x non-reclocked), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
- CD Formats: Red Book
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Audio format for stored CDs: FLAC (zero compression), WAV
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , up to DSD128 via DoP, Native DSD on selected DACs
- Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
User Control Interfaces
- Web Interface: Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers.
- Mobile: App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD drive: TEAC Slot-loading drive
- Hard Drive: 1TB SSD with Vibration and EMI treatment
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
Streaming And Cd Storage
- UPnP/DLNA: Integrated UPnP Server
- Streaming Services: Qobuz, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Internet Radio
- Roon Compatibility: Roon Core and Roon Bridge
- Average CD Storage Time: 5 minutes
- CD Metadata: FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
- Compatible Music Systems:
- Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System
- DLNA/UPnP compatible devices
- USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2
- USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
- Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Network: Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates
- Network router with at least one available ethernet port
- Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Recommended App (USB Connection Only): iPeng 9 (iOS), OrangeSqueeze (Android), Squeeze Control (Windows 10)
- Mains Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC – 8x Internal Linear Power Supply.
- Power Consumption: 20W when idle, 35W peak
- Main: 90 x 420 x 350mm (H x W x D)
- Power: 110 x 420 x 350 (H x W x D)
- Main: 8.2kg
- Power: 13.4kg
- Innuos Statement Music Server
- Mains Cable
- 2x 0.3m umbilical interconnect
- 2m Ethernet Cable
- Quick Start Guide