ATC is a specialist manufacturer of loudspeaker drive units and complete sound reproduction systems, including the relevant electronic equipment. Their principle in design and manufacture is to achieve levels of performance far in excess of the industry norm. This they do. Their passive and active range of speakers provide a superb level of detail for their price points and allow bring finesse to every system.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC’s drive units are legendary for their many design innovations. For example, all voice coils are edgewise wound ribbon, OFHC (oxygen free high conductivity), copper wire operating in a precision machined magnetic gap. The magnet assembly also has a hole through the pole allowing air to be vented from under the dust cap reducing air flow noise at low frequencies and at the same time increasing power handling and reliability. Coloration is minimized by ensuring that the diaphragm assembly and drive system are extremely well damped therefore eliminating unwanted resonances.
Built to give a lifetime of service and musical pleasure all ATC products carry a 6 year warranty.
The SCM50 SL (passive) are designed to perform at their best in the recording studio or at home with the finest quality hi-fi equipment.
The monitors’ ability to reproduce music and speech with phenomenal accuracy, transparency and dynamics lies mainly in the SM75-150S soft dome midrange driver. However, recent modifications that include the new ATC SH25-76S tweeter and enhanced port profile have brought about further improvements to all performance parameters.
The 234mm/9″ bass driver incorporates ATC’s unique Super Linear Magnet technology.
The SCM50 SL provides broad and symmetrical dispersion, excellent amplitude and phase characteristics throughout the frequency range.
Speakers are supplied with stands and fabric wrapped grills.
6 year warranty.
Drivers: HF 25mm Mid 75mm LF 234mm Super Linear
- Amplitude Linearity ±2dB: 70Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency Response -6dB: 40Hz & 25kHz
- Matched Response: ±0.5dB
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Sensitivity (sine wave): 85dB @ 1W @ 1m
- Max continuous SPL @1m: 112dB SPL
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.5kHz
- Input Connector: Binding Posts/4mm banana plugs
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 100 to 1500 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (5.5 ohm minimum)
- Accessories Inc. (per pair): 2 x Speaker Stands (as shown), 2 x fabric wrapped grills, 8 x M8 stand spikes and nuts.
- Cabinet Dimensions(HxWxD): 717 x 304 x 425mm (stands add 250mm to height)
- Weight: 41.1kg
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.