ATC is a specialist manufacturer of loudspeaker drive units and complete sound reproduction systems, including the relevant electronic equipment. Their principle in design and manufacture is to achieve levels of performance far in excess of the industry norm. This they do. Their passive and active range of speakers provide a superb level of detail for their price points and allow bring finesse to every system.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC’s drive units are legendary for their many design innovations. For example, all voice coils are edgewise wound ribbon, OFHC (oxygen free high conductivity), copper wire operating in a precision machined magnetic gap. The magnet assembly also has a hole through the pole allowing air to be vented from under the dust cap reducing air flow noise at low frequencies and at the same time increasing power handling and reliability. Coloration is minimized by ensuring that the diaphragm assembly and drive system are extremely well damped therefore eliminating unwanted resonances.
Built to give a lifetime of service and musical pleasure all ATC products carry a 6 year warranty.
Like their smaller brother, the SCM50 ASL, the speakers' ability to reproduce music and speech with phenomenal accuracy, transparency and dynamics lies mainly in the SM75-150S soft dome midrange driver. However, recent modifications that include an upgraded tweeter and enhanced port profile have brought about further improvements in all performance parameters.
Bass performance is equally impressive, thanks to ATC’s 12″ professional level bass driver that incorporates the company’s unique Super Linear Magnet technology.
ATC’s active crossover network consists of a wide band-width, electronically balanced input stage with high common mode rejection and very low distortion.
In passive form, the SCM100 SL provides broad and symmetrical dispersion, excellent amplitude and phase characteristics throughout the audio frequency range.
Speakers are supplied with stands and fabric wrapped grills.
6 year warranty.
Drivers: HF 25mm Mid 75mm LF 314mm Super Linear
- Amplitude Linearity ±2dB: 65Hz – 17kHz
- Frequency Response -6dB: 35Hz & 22kHz
- Matched Response: ±0.5dB
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Sensitivity (sine wave): 88dB @ 1W @ 1m
- Max continuous SPL @1m: 115dB SPL
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.5kHz
- Input Connector: Binding Posts/4mm banana plugs
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 100 to 1500 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (5.5 ohm minimum)
- Accessories Inc. (per pair): 2 x Speaker Stands (as shown), 2 x fabric wrapped grills, 8 x M8 stand spikes and nuts.
- Cabinet Dimensions(HxWxD): 834 x 400 x 530mm / 32.83 x 15.75 x 20.87″ (stands add 200mm to height)
- Weight: 57kg