ATC is a specialist manufacturer of loudspeaker drive units and complete sound reproduction systems, including the relevant electronic equipment. Their principle in design and manufacture is to achieve levels of performance far in excess of the industry norm. This they do. Their passive and active range of speakers provide a superb level of detail for their price points and allow bring finesse to every system.
Manufactured in house to exacting tolerances, ATC’s drive units are legendary for their many design innovations. For example, all voice coils are edgewise wound ribbon, OFHC (oxygen free high conductivity), copper wire operating in a precision machined magnetic gap. The magnet assembly also has a hole through the pole allowing air to be vented from under the dust cap reducing air flow noise at low frequencies and at the same time increasing power handling and reliability. Coloration is minimized by ensuring that the diaphragm assembly and drive system are extremely well damped therefore eliminating unwanted resonances.
The four passive and two active loudspeaker systems in the Entry Series employ ATC’s SH25-76 tweeter. Sharing technology with the renowned ATC Soft Dome midrange drive unit the tweeter employs a unique dual suspension system suppressing diaphragm rocking modes even at high output levels.
The ATC drive configuration of a short edgewise wound voice coil operating in a long magnetic gap ensures exceptionally low distortion throughout its operating band and removes the need for ferrofluids which can dry out over time and impair performance.
Built to give a lifetime of service and musical pleasure all ATC products carry a 6 year warranty.
New ATC designed and built dual suspension 25mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
“SL” spec bass driver with 75mm integral Soft Dome.
9kg optimised short-coil/long gap motor assembly.
On-board grounded source 182 watt Class A/B Bi-amplifier.
Active crossover filters and overload protection.
6 year warranty.
Drivers: HF ATC 25mm dual suspension Tweeter, Mid/LF ATC 150mm SL
- Matched Response: +/- 0.5dB
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 54Hz-22kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Max SPL: 108dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Input Connector: Female XLR
- Input sensitivity: 1V
- Filters: 2nd Order critically damped with phase compensation
- Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction
- Fault Protection: DC fault protection and thermal trip. Fault indication on rear panel mounted LED
- Amplifier Output: 150W LF, 32W HF
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 980 x 370 x 344mm (inc. foot plinth & amp, spikes add 25mm to height, grill adds 34mm to depth)
- Weight: 31kg
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.