The generators of the MCX Series are custom built for ACOUSTIC SIGNATURE by Ortofon to Acoustic Signature specs and sound tuning. Acoustic Signature install them into an in-house made custom anodized aluminium body. All cartridges are mounted and measured for quality inspection in order to be within the selection tolerances before shipping.
- Introduced in 2015, the MCX series of cartridges from Acoustic Signature are all Moving coil designs featuring aluminium bodies designed using Finite Element analysis software. This software along with the CNC method of manufacturing is used to analyse how structures react to forces such as vibrations and other physical effects.
- Through careful implementation of this manufacturing process Acoustic Signature have developed the outstanding MCX series of cartridges.
- The MCX1 utilises a Elliptical diamond stylus tip that delivers an open but refined dynamic sound with a frequency response from 20Hz to 25Khz.
- It also features a copper wire, coil / magnet assembly with an output of 0.55mV.
- Voltage Out at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.: 0.55 mV
- Challenge balance at 1 kHz: < 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 21 dB
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Tracking force range: 2.1-2.5 g
- Tracking force, recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Frequency range at -3dB: 20-25000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20kHz: ± 2.5 dB
- DC resistance: 7 Ohm
- Coil material: Copper
- Cartridge weight: 12.2 g
- Phono Amp Setting: 100 Ohm
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.