What we say:
The Neo 230HAD is a headphone amplifier, a DAC and a line-stage preamplifier all housed in one very stylish package. A perfect compliment to audiophile headphone listening.
What Moon say:
For any of these scenarios and more, the Neo 230HAD is more than capable of the task, whatever your needs may be. Based heavily on the reference 430HA headphone amp, the 230HAD features a DSD256/32-bit PCM capable Digital- to-Analog converter (DAC) that can be used with virtually any digital source such a computer, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, and offering the same fidelity as your main music system.
Ultimately, the 230HAD fills an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, especially when considering its exceptional “price to performance” ratio. Today music lovers need a flexible high quality DAC, capable of both DSD and hi-res PCM. This multi-function product is more about affordable high-performance than minor features.
A headphone amplifier, a DAC and a line-stage preamplifier all housed in one very stylish package. What else could you possibly ask for? And did we mention that the 230HAD is hand-crafted in Canada and comes with a 10 year warranty.
Significant Design Features
Inputs include 1 single-ended on rear-mounted RCA’s and 1 single-ended on 1/8” jack located on the front panel.
Outputs include a 1⁄4” TRS headphone jack, as well as both fixed and variable single-ended line-level RCA stereo pairs.
Fully asynchronous DAC with four (4) digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source; Supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only); Supports PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz (all inputs) and 32-bit/384kHz (USB input only).
Pure analog amplifier using a transconductance circuit.
An oversized power supply using 1 toroidal transformer in conjunction with 8 stages of DC voltage regulation.
- Output power: 100mW/600ohm; 200mW/300ohm; 1W/50ohm
- Input impedance: 22kohm
- Output Impedance: 1,25Ohm
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 100kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- Headphone output: 1x 6,3mm stereo jack
- Line inputs: 1x unbalanced stereo, RCA; 1x unbalanced stereo, 1/8" mini jack
- Monitor outputs: 1 x unbalanced stereo, RCA (variable level); 1x unbalanced stereo, RCA (fixed level)
- Digital inputs: 1x S/PDIF optical, Toslink; 2x S/PDIF coaxial, RCA; 1x USB asynchronous
- Sampling rates:
- up to 24bit/192kHz PCM (all inputs)
- 32bit/384kHz PCM (USB only)
- DSD64 (2,8MHz), DSD128 (5,6MHz) and DSD256 (11,2MHz) via USB
- Color: black
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 178 x 76 x 280mm
- Weight: 2,8kg
- Remote Control: Yes
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.