The MKII version of the Dynavector DV 507 tonearm has been built on the strengths of the original DV 507 which has enjoyed the highest reputation among audiophiles world-wide since its appearance in 1984. As it is a bi-axis inertia controlled tonearm the DV 507, no matter the type of cartridge can trace the music signal grooves cut in the recording with extreme accuracy. The DV 507 also provides superb trackability on warped recordings. Resolution and musical detailing are quite remarkable.
- High precision all stainless steel bearings give superb dynamic sensitivity and a stabilised tracking performance without any deterioration through ageing.
- Non-contact electro magnetic damper with a powerful Neodymium magnet gives better damping and ensures that any adverse effects on tracking performance are minimised.
- A larger arm lift gives a stable lift action which maintains its performance over long periods enabling cartridges to be raised and lowered without stress.
- The use of a detachable headshell plug in connector ensures that good contact is maintained with the Rhodium coated headshell contact pin during long-term use.
- The new style headshell is suitable for use with a wide variety of cartridges. It is machined from aluminium alloy and has an EIA standard connector. This allows the cartridge to be rigidly mounted and the azimuth adjustment. pure 6N wire is used in lead wires for the headshell and internal wires of the arm.
- A machined aluminium connector is used. The 5 PIN connector conforms to the DIN standard. Double balanced type shield wire and 4NOFC/6N hybrid construction arm cable.
- Type: Bi-Axis inertia controlled Dynamic and Eddy Current Damping Dynamic Balance type tone arm
- Overall length: 306mm With head shell: max 326 mm
- Effective length: 241mm (i.e. tonearm pivot point to cartridge stylus point)
- Overhang: 15mm
- Offset angle: 21.5 degree
- Height: 59mm lifts up to 92mm
- Height adjustment range: 39mm-72mm at sub arm centre
- Depth: 36mm without connecting cable
- Optimum cartridge weight: 15-35 grams, including headshell
- Horizontal tracking angle error :-1.1 degree - +2.2 degree , 0 degree at inner band of record, 2.2 degree at outside
- Tracking force adjustment range: 0-38 grams by 0.2 grams step
- Sensitivity: Horizontal: less than 50 mgrams, Vertical: less than 40 mgrams
- Net weight: 1,380 grams
- Output connection: 5P connector
- Headshell connection: EIA standards 4 Pin connector
- Accessories: low resistance (0.046 ohms/m, 54pF/m) high quality arm cable, milled aluminium headshell weight 15.4 g, mounting template for the arm, overhang gauge for the headshell