The Sub 6 is designed to integrate seamlessly with all Dynaudio speakers. It features advanced intelligent DSP technology that tailors its performance so closely to a user’s system that it can confidently turn a two-way speaker system in a three-way one. For other models, including non-Dynaudio speakers, the crossover frequency, gain and phase can be set manually.
In charge of its powerful bass response are two brand-new 24cm MSP+ Hybrid Drive units, designed specifically for subwoofers, alongside a 500W power amplifier built into its base. These new drivers sit at either end of the carefully constructed sealed enclosure design, which stands wider than it does deep to help it sit more discreetly against a wall.
The Sub 6 has dual RCA and XLR connections to suit most systems and comes with a number of handy features to help larger and more advanced setups. This includes the ability to set a time-delay to ensure the sub and speakers are working perfectly in sync with one another. All a user has to do is enter the distance from the sub to the speakers and the sub will adjust itself automatically using both time and phase delays. There’s also a fully parametric EQ, including three filters to counter the effects of any room modes, to ensure the best possible performance.
Subwoofers need a different balance from their drivers than stereo speakers. That’s why the Sub 6 uses Dynaudio’s new MSP+ Hybrid Drive units, which are made primarily from aluminium for stiffness, and specifically with subwoofers in mind. To counter ringing from the aluminium, it utilises a dual-action damping system that combines paper dampening on the back of the driver and Dynaudio’s own Magnesium Silicate Polymer material in a dampening cap on the front, ensuring the best performance.
- System: Twin opposed driver, closed box, active DSP subwoofer
- Analog inputs: 2 x balanced XLR, 2 x unbalanced RCA phono
- Analog outputs: 2 x balanced XLR, 2 x unbalanced RCA phono
- Frequency response (±3dB): 16Hz – 230Hz
- Auto ON/OFF: Yes
- Box Principle: Sealed
- Low Pass Filter: Adjustable/preset
- Phase Adjustment: 0/180 degrees
- Woofer: 2 x 24cm MSP + hybrid drive
- Amplifier power: 500W
- AC power input: 100 - 120V/220 - 240V 50/60Hz
- Standby power consumption: <0.5W
- Maximum power consumption: 490W
- Weight: 21.5kg / 45.2lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 447 x 300 x 268mm
- Dimensions with feet /grille (W x H x D): 470 x 333 x 268mm
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.