The Sub 3 is a flexible subwoofer that’s been designed to work just as well with movies as it does with music, delivering weight, authority and punch no matter which source you use. It does all of this in a compact and convenient size, taking the strain of the low end away from any stereo or multi-channel setup and improving the midrange performance in the process.
There’s now a double-thickness 37mm front baffle (curved, similar to Contour) to increase its rigidity, plus a brand-new 24cm driver, which joins the rest of the Sub 3’s Contour-quality components.
Where there’s no subwoofer output on the amplifier (common in a stereo system setup) the Sub 3’s dual RCA inputs and outputs let you pass a signal through the Sub 3 itself. You can also fine-tune the crossover point (flat, 60Hz or 80Hz) using the Sub 3’s high-pass filter to ensure the best performance possible.
- System: Single driver, active subwoofer
- Analog inputs: 1x RCA LFE, 2x RCA stereo
- Analog outputs: 1x RCA Slave out, 2x RCA SAT out
- Frequency response (±3 dB): 22Hz–175Hz
- Auto ON/OFF: Yes
- Box principle: Sealed
- High pass filter: Flat/60/80Hz
- Low pass filter: 50Hz - 150Hz
- Phase adjustment: 0/180 degrees
- Woofer: 24cm MSP
- Amplifier power: 300W
- AC power input: 100-120 V/200-240 V 50/60Hz
- Standby power consumption: < 0.5W
- Maximum power consumption: 350W
- Weight: 10.5kg/23.1lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 266x276x320mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 266x276x336mm