The LYD 48 features a 3-way speaker design, coupling an 8” woofer with a 4” midrange and a 1” tweeter, making them well suited for nearfield as well as midfield monitor applications.
Each of the woofers and the tweeter are powered by a dedicated state-of-the-art Class D amplifier, delivering 80W / 50W / 50W of power per monitor. The amp features a 96kHz/24bit signal path and selectable input sensitivity, as well as the same Standby Mode as the original LYD speakers.
Also, like the other LYD monitors, the new 3-way version features Bass Extension, allowing for a choice between the default setting or pushing towards maximum bass or maximum volume. Changes will affect the low-end response, but importantly the linear frequency response remains intact.
The Sound Balance option is basically a tilt filter that tips the tonal balance gently. In short, it emphasizes one end of the spectrum while decreasing the opposite end by the same amount. This approach is different from typical shelving filters, as it alters the frequency response, but without interfering with the phase. By default the monitor is set flat, but the Sound Balance toggle switch can go for either ‘Bright’ or ‘Dark’.
Featuring handmade driver units from the factory in Denmark, all LYD 48 monitors are assembled, finalized and tested before leaving Dynaudios warehouse.
- Max SPL (1m, pair): 112dB
- Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 460Hz / 5.5kHz
- Tweeter: 1in soft dome
- Midrange: 4in
- Woofer: 8in
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 369 x 234 x 328mm
- Weight: 12kg
- Sensitivity (85dB @ 1m, free field): +6dB: 50mV, 0dB: 100 mV, -6dB: 200 mV
- Power (Tweeter/Midrange/Woofer): 50W/50W/80W
- Type: Class D
- Power consumption standby: <0.5W
- Power consumption max.: 100W
- Input voltage: 90 - 264V AC, 50 - 60Hz
- Inputs: XLR balanced/RCA unbalanced
- Outputs: N/A
- Frequency response:40 - 21kHz
NB: Price is per Monitor
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.